LoretoBot is a Discord Bot that allows you to:
- Access the Loreto intranet
- View your timetable
- Notify yourself of lessons
- Upload files to your network
With many more features to come!
All of these requisites can be installed via the python package manager,
- LoretoBot requires the Discord.py API to login.
python3 -m pip install -U discord.py # for Linux py -3 -m pip install -U discord.py # for Windows
- For sending HTTP requests, I used the Requests module, and to parse the HTML, I used BeautifulSoup4:
... pip install requests ... pip install bs4
- To print out the timetables in a nice format, I used the PrettyTable module:
... pip install prettytable
- And, as a deprecated feature, I’ve added the Twilio API:
... pip install twilio
I say deprecated, as I’ve worked out a method to allow unlimited SMS messages without a trial, using my own mobile SMS contract. It uses an IFTTT (If This, Then That) recipe to send an SMS when a POST request is sent to my webhook URL.
LoretoBot is still in development!
Watch out for
<VALUES IN ANGLE BRACKETS>. These are tokens, emails and other sensitive data. make sure that you have signed up / set up the associated service, and change the values before starting the Bot.
I am currently running it on a Raspberry Pi, explaining the
pytronics.py file. However, the Bot should still work on any system with the requisites installed. Run
main.py to start the Bot.